AMERICAN HERITAGE MONTH (CAHM)
2007 CELEBRATIONS IN MASSACHUSETTS
SHOWCASING TALENT BORN AND LIVING IN
SAVE THIS DATE
SUNDAY JUNE 3, 2007 3.00 P.M.
- Present the music traditions that have been a mainstay of
the Caribbean community: calypso, reggae, Afro-Cuban rhythms,
soca and jazz
- Bring together separate bands of largely school-age
musicians that are active in their individual neighborhoods and
professionally present them to the larger Massachusetts
- Premiere compositions specially created for the combined
ensemble in the Massachusetts 2007 CAHM celebration.
MassCAHM Host Committee
includes residents from across the state: Lynn, Springfield, Boston,
Mattapan, Framingham, Bourne, and Randolph.
- Muriel Clement – North Shore Caribbean Association
- Ronald Lammy – eCaroh Caribbean Emporium; CAHM Regional
- Coleridge Collymore - North Shore Caribbean Association
- Janine Fondon – Unity First
- Paul Lewis - Unity Sports & Cultural Association
- Ron Reid – Sun Steel & Berklee College of Music; MassCAHM
- Claudette Rowe – KnowledgePoints Learning Centers
- Sherry Tucker-Brown – The Tucker Brown Group
- Dr. Patricia Zamor - EducationFair & Wheelock College;
MassCAHM Arts Advisor
THE WHEELOCK FAMILY THEATRE
200 RIVERWAY, BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS
MassCAHM - MANY VOICES ONE PURPOSE
CONTRIBUTING TO AMERICA’S SUCCESS AS A NATION
Caribbean American community groups across the nation will
commemorate the first year anniversary of June as Caribbean American
Heritage Month in 2007. Massachusetts residents will join these
celebrations in the Commonwealth.
Planned national activities include:
- A Regional/National Essay Competition for high school
juniors and seniors.
- National Collegiate Student Leadership Conference
- Literary and cultural festivals in libraries and public
spaces at the local level
- Health Awareness Initiative
- Caribbean American Days of Faith
- Community outreach campaigns to
- Civic Organizations,
- Government Agencies,
- Educational and Healthcare Institutions.
- Caribbean American Heritage Family day
- Caribbean American Heritage Cricket on the National Mall